Last week I mentioned that my guestroom is going to be transformed. Well here is the plan –
- Repaint walls – got the colour swatches from the paint shop, I have a vague idea of what colour the walls will be.
- Get new curtains – the colour of the curtains will be determined by the colour of the walls.
- French distress all wooden furniture – this should be done next week.
- Make a new quilt – using various faded fabrics with flowers on, I’m thinking a friendship braid with appliqué flower panels in between.
- Crochet a new blankie for the end of the bed.
I have started the crochet blankie for the end of the bed. My inspiration for the blankie comes from Sandra from Cherry Heart “Put a slant on it” crochet cushion, following the link to find the pattern.
I’m using various colours from the Rowan Cashsoft dk range, using a number 4 crochet hook.
Hope to soon show you the newly painted furniture and maybe the beginning of the quilt, and a few more rows on the blankie.